Listed among the world’s largest companies in Fortune ‘Global 500’ list 2018, the ‘Top 50’ best employers in India, IndianOil definitely makes the most sought-after PSU to work at. IndianOil recruits through Open and Campus recruitment processes for its 600 locations in India. In the year 2019, IndianOil will recruit for:
a) Graduate Engineers
b) Post Graduate Engineers
c) Post Graduates in Chemistry
The IOCL has openings for CH, CE, CS, EE, EC, IN, ME, MT and CY branches.
For the above positions only the GATE 2019 score will be valid.
Enlisting the procedural steps of open recruitments, which will be elaborated later:
- Advertisements for newly opened jobs are published in leading national dailies http://bit.ly/2FkdXXD
- Candidates meeting IndianOil’s requirements apply online
Stage 1: Registration- Enter the following details to register:
- GATE 2019 Registration Number
- Date of Birth
Stage 2: Fill Application Form of IOCL Recruitment through GATE 2019
- At this stage, enter personal, academic and address details.
- Use the GATE 2019 registration number mentioned on the GATE admit card to log in.
- The correct GATE 2019 registration number and the exact name as used during GATE registration should be entered.
- Enter the other requisite information as asked.
- After the application submission, a unique IOCL application ID/number is generated along with the submitted application form. Candidates must note this IOCL application number/ID and keep it safe.
- Further, candidates must download the IOCL Recruitment 2019 application form and take print-out.
- Candidates must affix a passport photograph and sign it duly.
- Applications are then scrutinised and checked for eligibility
- Documents of eligible applicants are verified by HR (Human Resources) Corporate office, New Delhi
- Candidates meeting the set criteria are then called for written test
- Based on WT, they are further called for GD/GT and Interview
- A final score is computed, based on which a candidate is hired
The HRD Corporate Office, New Delhi, decides the prerequisites for candidature in terms of GATE scores (GATE cut-offs), last semesters’ score, etc., for that particular year. An advertisement is published in all leading national daily newspapers. Interested candidates meeting the requirements apply through the online link provided in the advertisement. The candidature is verified depending upon the documents submitted like passing certificates, nationality proof, GATE score-card, etc.
The HRD Corporate office is responsible for sending the call-letters to the candidates. The same intimation is given to regional HR offices. The regional HR managers work hand-in-hand with the regional ER (Employee Relation) managers to work on furthering the process. The candidate is called for further rounds like WT, GD/GT and interview at the regional HR offices at any of the four metro cities in India – Mumbai, Chennai, Delhi and Kolkata. The Employee Relation (ER) department conducts the rounds at all centres.
Written test: The written test is entirely based on the subject knowledge of the candidate. The core engineering subjects of the particular branch are tested.
GD/GT: The group discussion / group task is conducted by external faculty hired by IOCL. The topics are mostly generic in nature, ranging from general knowledge, current political affairs to latest technologies. The basis of the criteria is social skills like communication, listening, convincing skills and how good a team-player you make.
Interview: The interview is scheduled after computing the scores of WT and GD/GT.
“GATE score is the most important and mandatory criteria for cut-off”, says Mr. Sijo, ER Manager, Mumbai Head Office. He also adds, “Once an aspirant receives a call-letter from the corporate office, he should start working on the previous years’ solved GATE papers.”
With a starting in-hand salary of 60k-1.5l per month, the employees enjoy the best benefits. There is no distinguishment for engineers of different branches in terms of the salary. However, there might be different profiles available in technical, marketing, sales and business development domains at Indian Oil – Refineries, Marketing, Pipelines and Business Development or in corporate functions like Information Systems, Optimization or in Subsidiary/Joint Venture companies.
The forms will be out by January 4, 2019.
Last date: 10th February, 2019
Pay Scale: 14-17 l. p.a.
“We have once again emerged as the ‘Fourth Best Place To Work For’ in India, the ‘Best PSU to Work For’ recently and it reaffirms our trust in our employees and the sincere efforts of the management.”, says Mr. Sanjiv Singh, Chairman, IndianOil, an IIT-Roorkee Chemical Engineer himself.
IOCL takes special care that young engineers feel proud and take complete ownership and a testimony to this stands clearly reflected in the growth of number of millennials joining the organisation.
So, all the best for all your future endeavours and may you land your dream job here.
Subscribe to our blogs to know more about recruitment processes of different PSUs.